What The Academy does
- We provide a means whereby persons who are members of AAPSM may be represented through a common organisation
- We support, mentor & promote the character, status & development of the members of AAPSM
- We prescribe standards of attainments & qualifications of members of AAPSM & for such purpose to conduct examinations either alone or in conjunction with any other body, college or institute.
- We stimulate & provide funding for research in the area of musculo-skeletal pathomechanics, biomechanical analysis & orthotic prescription for the athletic community.
- We promote by PR, publication or lectures, a better understanding of Sports Podiatry.
- We coordinate the various disciplines of Podiatry - including Podiatric Medicine, biomechanics, surgery & physical therapy - in the treatment of athletes & to help people stay physically active
- We coordinate first-rate, multi-disciplinary sports medicine education to disseminate current knowledge to the profession, allied professions & those engaged in amateur, professional or individual sporting activities.